Is Google Adwords better than Bing Ads for advertising in India?

Google vs BingI am using Google Adwords for advertising since long time, and the result that I get from it is satisfactory. However, now I am wondering whether I should also try running my ads on Bing or not?

Well, I did some research, read few articles and got some shocking results, which I would like to share with you people. According to the study I did, more than 90% of the people using internet in India search only on Google. Whereas the remaining 10% are shared by other search engines like Bing, Yahoo, Ask, etc. Isn’t it shocking!

Ahh! If you are from India, you must be well aware of the song “Lungi Dance” from the movie Chennai Express, in which there is a sentence “ghar pe jaa ke tum google karlo” :-P HAha! Well, it’s a fact that not only in India but all around the globe, we people got so much familiar with the word ‘Google’ that we usually replace it with the primary word ‘search’ when we tend to find something on the internet.

Soon after this, my curiosity to fetch data increased, which lead me to see the market share of search engines in USA. What I found was pretty interesting. The share of Google in USA was comparatively less to what we saw in India. USA search engine market shows the following data: – 70% by Google, 20 by Yahoo and Bing and remaining 10% by Aol, Ask, Search, etc.

From the above data we can come to a point that in India, Google has majority of the search engine market share. But, the game can change, in the past 2 years we have seen a good improvement in Bing Search, which is expected to increase in future.

Another important point which strengthens the hope of Bing to move up, is the penetration % (percentage of individuals using internet). As per the data available in Wikipedia, USA is having 81% of penetration, whereas India has only 18.9% of penetration. Hence, anything can happen in future, but for now Google is the major search engine player in India and if one needs better results he must stick to Google Adwords.

I will also give a try to Bing Ads, I will be spending a small amount to check the results. As, I have also read few articles stating that its cost is relatively less compared to Adwords, but the results vary from industry to industry. Let me try my luck, I will get back soon to you guys with my review on performance of Bing Ads in India.

Hope you enjoyed this post! I will also like to hear from you, so kindly drop your comments in the box below.

Ranjan Padhi is a prominent Digital Marketing Expert specialized in PPC Advertising, SEO and Social Media. Ranjan can be found on twitter @padhi_ranjan and Google Plus. Read more articles by Ranjan Padhi

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ 

About Ranjan Padhi

Ranjan Padhi is a prominent Digital Marketing Expert specialized in PPC Advertising, SEO and Social Media. Ranjan can be found on twitter @padhi_ranjan and Google Plus. Read more articles by Ranjan Padhi

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*


− three = 4

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>